Reviews - NFL Sportsbooks - Wager On Football - NFL Football
Position of Players at Snap
1. .Offensive team must have at least seven players
2. Offensive players, not on line, must be at least
one yard back at snap.
(Exception: player who takes snap.)
3. No interior lineman may move abruptly after
taking or simulating a three-point stance.
4. No player of either team may enter neutral zone
5. No player of offensive team may charge or move
abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner
as to lead defense to believe snap has started.
No player of the defensive team within one yard
of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement
in an attempt to cause the offense to false start.
6. If a player changes his eligibility, the Referee
must alert the defensive captain after player has
reported to him.
7. All players of offensive team must be stationary
at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel
to scrimmage line or backward (not forward).
8. After a shift or huddle all players on offensive
team must come to an absolute stop for at least
one second with no movement of hands, feet, head,
or swaying of body.
9. Quarterbacks can be called for a false start
penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged
to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.
10. Offensive linemen are permitted to interlock