Reviews - NFL Sportsbooks - Wager On Football - NFL Football
1. Each team is permitted 11 men on the field at
2. Unlimited substitution is permitted. However,
players may enter the field only when the ball is
dead. Players who have been substituted for are
not permitted to linger on the field. Such lingering
will be interpreted as unsportsmanlike conduct.
3. Players leaving the game must be out of bounds
on their own side, clearing the field between the
end lines, before a snap or free kick. If player
crosses end line leaving field, it is delay of game
4. Offensive substitutes who remain in the game
must move onto the field as far as the inside of
the field numerals before moving to a wide position.
5. With the exception of the last two minutes of
either half, the offensive team, while in the process
of substitution or simulated substitution, is prohibited
from rushing quickly to the line and snapping the
ball with the obvious attempt to cause a defensive
foul; i.e., too many men on the field.